The saddest thing about our friends we have left behind at MCF (Melbourne Christian Fellowship) and BCF (Brisbane Christian Fellowship) is that, almost without exception, they act as if:
- MCF is right no matter what evidence is given
- MCF’s teachings are so important that the ends justify the means
- Even if you agree with us, somehow it doesn’t matter to you what MCF has done
- MCF somehow deserve endless benefits of the doubt
- They can’t speak up about what has happened to those treacherously treated
- Vows of silence are acceptable
- We don’t have evidence
But all of these benefits of the doubt given to MCF are un-Biblical or untrue or both.
The Scriptures speak against all of these behaviours:
- Partiality sometimes OK?
- Nope. We must not let position affect our decisions (James 2:1-4)
- Ends justify the means?
- Nope. Saul’s desire to please God wasn’t accepted (1 Sam 15). And neither was King Asa’s (2 Chron 16).
- Injustice can be ignored
- Nope, God HATES injustice! (Pro 6:16-19, Micah 3)
- Silence OK?
- Nope. Ephesians tell us to EXPOSE injustice (Eph 5:11)!
- Accept continual injustice and impartiality and Lording over and taking advantage of?
- Nope. Paul tells us NOT to accept leadership like that (2 Cor 11)!
For goodness sake!
Almost all of you at MCF agreed it was disgusting the way I was treated by the leadership but YOU DID NOTHING!
What did Justine and I ever do that makes you think we aren’t at least as worthy of the Lord than your super-hero elders?
Why do they get the benefit of the doubt 500 times? Are you applying silly ‘touch not the anointed?’ Are you that simple-minded? Falling for that Jedi mind-trick? I can tell you for 100% truth: they deserve less than the least of any of us after what they have seen and done and lived with.
This is a warning to you!
You are putting comfort and familiarity and friendships ahead of Scripture and truth and the exposing of horrendous injustice and sin.
Will not one of you men or women stand up for the little ones harmed?