After hideous abuses of myself and hundreds of others, mostly denied or ignored, both BCF (Brisbane Christian Fellowship) and MCF (Melbourne Christian Fellowship) need to make some rapid Christian moves for the sake of recovering their ‘lampstand’ and any possible integrity:
- They need to publicly admit on-line, in church (with video-ing) and in person to victims that they have committed these abuses addressing – in detail – many examples including the top ten on my list and others
- Admit multiple false and over emphasized teachings & practices – stemming from BCF – & delinquency & lack of care – committed by all XCF presbyteries – are the fundamental causes of these abuses
- They should make apologies and recompenses (as requested by Vic Hall in some cases).
- In my case the abuses hit me hard for 25 years but I discounted my estimated damages down from the actual $10M to $200K when MCF asked me what restitution I would estimate
- They need to demonstrate somehow that they are genuine in heart
- Enable victims to address joint sittings of present and past presbyteries including perpetrators they identify
- The leadership at BCF and MCF should stand down. Find Jesus again. Remember when it wasn’t about empire building and control?
You want healing? That’s what it will take. Anything less is a whitewash. There is little precedence for this. There is none in the New Testament remotely similar. We can only extrapolate from the case of a single leader needing to be publically put out and then ultimately forgiven.
In this case we have systematic heresy and abuses and colussions from multiple presbyteries.
The WWII Jewish Holocaust is the closest analogy. Many of us lost our freedom and/or families for up to 25 years.
If BCF & MCF don’t do this, I would ask all of you congregation members to ask yourself, what are you doing in this crazy place that believes in systematic:
- presumptuous demands, ‘imputations’ & ‘laying-downs’
- threats of hell fire for leaving church or disobeying elders
- ministry bannings & destruction
- career and education bannings & destruction
- marriage breakups or bannings
- shunning of family members
- proclaiming of non-Biblical truths
- one-tracked teaching for 25 years
Ask yourself: Is this really what you signed up for?
Are Uncle Vic and co at Brisbane Christian Fellowship really for us or for themselves?
What about . . Jesus?